Join Our Team!
The Adoption Exchange home office is in Aurora, CO, with offices in Albuquerque, NM; Salt Lake City, UT; St. Louis, MO; and Las Vegas, NV.
Established in 1983, The Adoption Exchange is recognized as one of the top adoption resources in the nation and one of the most service-oriented, collaborative agencies working in the field of adoption. Our primary clients are the children and youth waiting in the foster care system for a permanent family. In addition, we serve child welfare professionals, adoptive families, adoptees, mental health professionals, community-based service organizations, and legal professionals in all 50 states as well as Americans living abroad.
We invite you to consider joining our team by browsing the current employment opportunities found in this part of our website.
Senior Vice President of Development
The Adoption Exchange announces the opportunity for a full-time Senior Vice President of Development.
The Senior Vice President of Development reports directly to the Executive Director and is a key member of The Adoption Exchange executive team. The Senior Vice President of Development designs, directs and executes a comprehensive development, communications and marketing program to support the long-term vision, mission and annual philanthropic fundraising goals of The Adoption Exchange.
This skilled and visionary leader is highly adept in all facets of fund development and has the ability to lead and drive strategic communications. He/she has a proven track record of balancing a long-term and holistic strategy with tactical execution. This leader must build on The Adoption Exchange’s past success, improve our cost per dollar raised, and build our communications capabilities. He/she thrives as a highly-efficient and organized multi-tasker who is able to strategically manage and lead a team of five staff members and manage a myriad of initiatives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment spread across multiple states. The Senior Vice President of Development will interface closely with all Adoption Exchange staff and members of the Board of Directors.
Read Full Job Description Here
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of seven years of fund raising experience with at least three years of experience in a leadership role with an organization having a fundraising budget of at least $1 million
• A proven track record in and deep understanding of all aspects of a complex, successful development program including direct mail, annual giving, major gifts and execution of successful special events
• Experience developing a strategic vision and roadmap to build and guide a strong, dedicated and effective staff, including experience managing at least three direct reports
• A passion for relationship development and management – wanting to build strong, enduring relationships with donors and staff – while delegating and sharing information and tasks to engage the entire team in the overall organizational momentum
• Proven ability to organize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively and adapt to changing priorities
Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure your submission is considered, please include Senior Vice President of Development in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Position is open for immediate hire and will be open until filled.
The Adoption Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer.