volunteer ~ new mexico
Volunteers generously contribute to help lower the cost of administrative activities, program services, and fundraising.We need volunteer help in many areas!
For more information about volunteering in New Mexico contact Ginger Rivenbark at (505) 247-1769 or by email.
In The Office
ADOPTION AWARENESS OUTREACH
Volunteers are used as representatives for waiting special-needs children. Presentations are made at schools, churches, companies, civic groups, etc., to to increase awareness in the community of the challenges these children face, as well as provide insight into the services offered by The Adoption Exchange. Commitment: As needed.
Our office always needs a helping hand in filing, collating, answering phones, typing, or any other administrative duties that may come up. Commitment: 3-4 hour shifts during the day / at least one per week.
ADOPTION MATCHING PARTY VOLUNTEER
Adoption parties bring together waiting children and prospective families. They take place multiple times each year in a relaxed, fun environment. Members of this committee assist in planning the parties, arranging activities, obtaining supplies and gifts for the children, and working the actual events. Commitment: 2 hours per month.
PUBLIC RELATIONS SUPPORT
Our offices always needs help getting the word out about our organization. We need your help with media, including print contacts for special events. This would include posting Adoption Exchange news and events to websites; preparing media releases, PSA and new articles; and creating graphic design and promotional presentation materials. Commitment: As needed.
Research adoption support resources state-by-state for all states except The Adoption Exchange member states. Research topics and trends data for newsletter articles. Commitment: Approximately 3-4 hours twice a month.
Volunteers are always needed to help with special events such as fundraising activities and the parties for our families. If your volunteer time is limited, it may be best for you to work on these one-time events. Special events are also a great opportunity for youth groups, civic clubs and businesses to get involved.
- ANNUAL GALA — This is our premier annual event, which takes place in the Fall. It features dinner, dancing, a silent auction, and a raffle. Volunteer help is needed for the planning, soliciting of items for the auction and event sponsorships, as well as various jobs the day of the Gala.
- ANNUAL BIKE RIDE — This is a bicycling event geared to bring in the cycling community and families to raise awareness and funds for The Adoption Exchange. This event is held annually in April.
- GOLF TOURNAMENT — Our golf tournament is usually the first Monday in May. We need volunteers to help with registration, on-course activities, the silent auction, and helping to coordinate/plan the event.
- ADOPTION / FOSTER CARE CELEBRATION — This is a fun event for the whole family, with children's activities included. All foster and adoptive families participate for FREE.
- ADOPTION PARTIES — These are networking events for waiting children and prospective families. They include games, entertainers, and adoption information specialists. We have multiple parties throughout the year.
* Commitment as needed