Birthday Wishes Program
(Only offered in Colorado at this time)
The Birthday Wishes program is an ongoing quarterly opportunity that provides birthday gifts for children waiting in foster care. It is our goal to match donors with a child or children that best fit their donor preferences and giving capacity. Gifts are dropped off at The Adoption Exchange office unwrapped, then the gifts are delivered to the children via their caseworkers and The Adoption Exchange staff.
Guidelines for Donors:
- Presents must be new and should equal $100 per child
- No Cash Gifts
- Please limit gift cards to large chains only
- Please include an additional $20 contribution for gift wrap and shipping & handling fees
- All birthday presents must be delivered to The Adoption Exchange unwrapped.
- All presents will be delivered to children or caseworkers by The Adoption Exchange program staff.
- The Adoption Exchange will provide boxes for children whose packages need to be mailed.
Make An Impact:
Would you like to support this program but are unable to commit to shopping for gifts?
You can still support the Birthday Wishes Program by making any size cash donation. These donations will be used to shop for any unsponsored children and/or to fill in any gaps.
Guidelines for Caseworkers:
- Children must be registered with The Adoption Exchange in order to participate.
- Caseworkers must agree to notify The Adoption Exchange if the child’s status changes.