Birthday Wishes Program
The Birthday Wishes program is an ongoing quarterly opportunity that provides birthday gifts for children waiting in foster care. It is our goal to match donors with a child or children that best fit their donor preferences and giving capacity. Each quarter, donors are invited to come together for a Wrapping Party at The Adoption Exchange's offices where the packages are approved and compiled. The birthday gifts are then delivered to the children via their caseworkers and The Adoption Exchange staff.
Guidelines for Donors:
- Presents must be new and should equal $100 per child
- No Cash Gifts
- Please limit gift cards to large chains only
- Please include an additional $20 contribution for gift wrap and shipping & handling fees
- All birthday presents must be delivered to The Adoption Exchange unwrapped on or before the date of the Wrapping Party.
- All presents will be delivered to children or caseworkers by The Adoption Exchange program staff.
- The Adoption Exchange will provide boxes for children whose packages need to be mailed.
Please join us as we wrap the gifts for the children and to meet other volunteers.
- Summer 2017 - Saturday, June 3, 2017 from 10:30 AM to Noon at The Adoption Exchange offices
- Fall 2017 - September, exact date TBD
Make An Impact:
Would you like to support this program but are unable to commit to shopping for gifts or attending the wrapping party?
You can still support the Birthday Wishes Program by making any size cash donation. These donations will be used to shop for any unsponsored children and/or to fill in any gaps.
Guidelines for Caseworkers:
- Children must be registered with The Adoption Exchange in order to participate.
- Caseworkers must agree to notify The Adoption Exchange if the child’s status changes.